Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Tuesday 27 March 2012

Disappearing 16 patch and A disappearing Granny Patch

As mentioned I completed my Disappearing 16 patches ready to be made into a quilt! I then thought hmmmm since this works so well what about a Disappearing Granny block? So I chopped my spare ones into 4 and put them back together again!!

Disappearing 16 patch and a quilt idea...Sashing or no Sashing thoughts please..



I also got my Granny quilts sashed 




Then I took 4 of the spare ones and chopped them into four to create some new blocks. Once put back together and trimmed down, they make 6" squares.
I tried two layouts with them to make either mini quilts or cushion covers. No need to quilt as they already have the seam lines running through them!

So that's what I've been up to these past few days. I also have a charm quilt in progress....design laid out and ready to be sewn..plus a zippered pouch to try out....Tomorrow will be interesting there is a fair at my younger brothers school at 3!

3 comments:

  1. Oh My goodness.......what a decision: Sash or no sash on the disappearing 16? I say sashing...because that will set them off better....I do like them without but I think they will all get lost without.....and I am not one that usually loves all that sashing.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've been busy!

    Love the grannies! And intriguing idea - will you be cutting up every block you try now!?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey these are cute!! Like a wonky granny :) Nice job!!

    ReplyDelete

Accepting friendly and crazy comments since February 2012. Hope you come back soon =D