Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Wednesday 9 May 2012

Screaming on the inside!

So lately I haven't been feeling too great. My right arm is hurting more and more each day, right from my elbow going up...maybe I have sewers elbow...providing there is such a thing. I decided not to do the carnival as you had to do 2 days and there was no option to do just the one. With just me sewing I would of had to make a boat load of things which I know I wouldn't be able to manage.
I know you may read my posts and think wow that's a lot of things, I tend to waste a lot of time thinking and procrastinating actually so it's a wonder I get anything done!

Today I felt worse the pain is increasing, but I've been trying not to think about it as I love sewing too much to stop. I don't really want to take any tablets and I know that's what the doctor will say to do. Then to top off not feeling so great I saw this email.

Delivery information, 

We couldn’t deliver your parcel at your address.
Status\An error at the delivery address.

LOCATION:Tempe 
PARCEL STATUS: sort order 
SERVICE: Standard Shipping 
NUMBER OF YOUR PARCEL:U696327814NU 
FEATURES: No 

Postal label is enclosed to the letter.
Print your label and show it in the nearest post office of USPS 

Attention!
If the parcel isn’t received within 30 working days our company will have the right to claim compensation from you for it's keeping in the amount of $13.34 for each day of keeping over limited time. 

You can find the information about the procedure and conditions of parcels keeping in the nearest office. 

Thank you.
USPS Express Services.


I don't know what to do. I'm in the UK so is there even a way for me to get it? I don't want to end up getting charged. It won't let me print the supposed label either as a virus is on it! I've written to the person I think the parcel is from, but I'm not sure if even they can get it back!

In some slightly better news




This did arrive in the mail from Fresh stash

Linen! Once my Zakka Style book arrives I can cut into it and get sewing....well once my WIP pile goes down...

Here are the other things Father got along with the boxes. (picture 2 was not one of them, they are sheets from the charity shop)
The second half of pictures is the binding for my Granny quilts, along with some mini 2" HSTs made from the trimmings. (I was about to just cut them off then thought wait I can make some HST's with them! 36 in total!)

The progress on the Owls. I had so many wings left over (46, I noticed one has 9 petals instead of 8...maybe I'll add one more to the others..) I'm thinking of turning them into flowers...sewing them down onto fabric and making pillow covers from them?
Sorry to off load on you all. I just needed to let out my thoughts a feelings.
Siya all tomorrow =D

7 comments:

  1. Hi Cherie.......First off....I have NEVER recieved an email from USPS.....if the mail is undeliverable...they will automatically send it back to you and eventually you will get it back. Have never heard of them charging for storage....NEVER. Sounds like someone trying to infect your computer. I would delete it and forget it. (Tempe, by the way, is in Arizona, USA. And I am so sorry to hear about your arm.....I hope whatever is the problem can be fixed with maybe positioning yourself differently at your sewing table or yes....maybe a tablet to reduce the swelling so it can heal? The owls will be adorable........

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. I hope that your arm feels better soon. I hate it when I'm in pain it just makes everything worse. *I'm sending you a big hug*

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you feel better soon. Maybe a trip to the doctors is what you need.... tell her you don't want pills and ask about other options?

    ReplyDelete
  4. My goodness, you have been busy! My arm hurts in sympathy just looking at all you've been up to. Those owls are cute, cute, cute. Well, I hope you feel better soon, but sometimes pain is a way of telling us to take it easy for awhile. You also may want to try taking fish oil capsules. Good for easing inflammation, and much more.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maybe you have repetitive strain in your elbow. You do a lot of rotary cutting and it maybe that's the cause. It would be a good idea to see a doctor. They may be able to recommend or suggest a solution, but you will definitely will have to rest your arm. Sorry to hear about your postal probs. Perhaps the person who you sent the parcel to will be able to retrieve it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. hope your arm gets better soon, sounds painful (and you don't want it like that for the retreat weekend!!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. sorry to hear about your arm! my advice - start taking an over the counter anti-inflamatory pain med right away and rest the arm. I had the same anti-pill attitude when I started having pain in my wrist & thumb, and ended up in physical therapy. A simple anti-inflamatory in the begining could have helped avoid that.

    I have never heard of anything like that from the USPS - generally, if they can't deliver a package and no one comes to pick it up, after x# of days it is returned to sender. they have a website - maybe you can try to contact them that way to see if this is legit, but I suspect it is a scam.

    ReplyDelete

Accepting friendly and crazy comments since February 2012. Hope you come back soon =D