Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Sunday 23 September 2012

The weekend roundup...

After completely forgetting to post yesterday and then getting so engrossed in a movie after blog reading.....Real Steel. You HAVE to watch it! It's a great movie with just the right amount of every good movie element to mark it as a 10/10! Plus Hugh Jackman is in it! Need I say more.....

Earlier yesterday afternoon Mother and I went to my Besties as she was hosting a Macmillan coffee morning. For the past two weeks she bought in cakes and such to raise more donations for the cause. I helped out on Friday and gave her some cookies and cake to share out. Mother and I ate a lot of cake and bought a lot back home with us too....Most of them are gone now......

I also got on with sewing the Christmas table runner tops. I went with 1 of each design in the end





I got the hot pad tops sewn up too

Just need to pull out a print for the backing of these. I'll have to see which one I have the most of.

Today I did an inventory of all the things I've made to sell in my future Etsy shop (still need to work on those labels!) and saw that I haven't made many actual cushion covers! So I pulled out the solid strips I'd for sashing, to make up some cushion covers.

This should roughly be a 20" cushion cover once the back is sewn onto it. I'll make up 3 more perhaps in different styles, using the solids. 


I'll also pull out my rainbow charms and make up a few cushion covers with those too. As well as those triangular prints to make up some covers. 

 Then I decided to join the 2nd round of the Modern She Made Swap this time round the theme is triangles. My partner was very specific and said she liked orange and grey together and would like a mini quilt. So I went through all my scraps to pull out pieces big enough to make a triangular mini. I made a template from news paper and sewed the pieces together until the strips were long enough to cover the template.
They are 3" by various widths I used some linen in there as I don't have a grey solid.


I had to swap some pieces around and add on some extra pieces to make them long enough after they had been sewn together. I just have to cut the final shape then work on the backing. That might just be one solid colour in a nice dark shade. Then I'll double up the batting and hand quilt it. I need to make up some binding..... The finished size should be 14" tip to bottom x 22" along the base. This may be an early finish! The deadline is mid November! So I can make some fun goodies to go with it too.


I noticed I really need some more orange and grey prints in my stash! It was a struggle to find those grey prints. Pink Castle here I come!.....

Siya'll tomorrow =D




2 comments:

  1. Oh I watched that film too on Friday ha! It was good, much better then I expected! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so jealous! You are making progress everywhere! And getting cookies and cake, too. No fair! =) I saw that film with my son when it first came out over here. We both loved it.

    ReplyDelete

Accepting friendly and crazy comments since February 2012. Hope you come back soon =D