Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Wednesday 19 September 2012

Twas 3 months and 6 days before Christmas...

and all bout the house, nothing was stirring, not even a mouse..... OK so not true as a cake was totally being stirred....

So today was another busy work day, far more people actually coming in store to buy vacuums and pick up ones they had ordered. I still hate hearing the phone ringing, the sound really drives me crazy....I need to work in a building with no phones to answer.....

So upon returning home I dithered on whether to make a cake today or tomorrow...Today won as It'll give me a chance to cut it then bring it in on Friday without having to wait for it to cool down. Momma came in an made one too to bring to her work place!

We have a whole lot of cornmeal in the cupboard so I looked for a recipe to use some of it up. I'll have to see how the cake tastes before I bring it in, you know just encase....

I then got to work on actually cutting those Christmas fabrics...yes I missed the Christmas in July.....

I'm planning to make some disappearing 9 patch table runners I can get 2 out of those then some table toppers using the 4 patches-I plan to sew and then cut them into 4 triangles sewing them back together. I've used 6" squares for those....
I have some 3" strips cut too ready to make some more things with. I also want to try out some drawstring bags.....I'll see how that works out.

I have cookies to make tomorrow also to bring into work on Friday, oatmeal ones....I did find one for cornmeal cookies...I may just make those for the family.....
The Older Giant informed my that my Granddad is expected to be flying in next week!!!!!  My Grandparents live in Jamaica so we see them in turns once each year. I have to make him something light to take back with him, that will neither overfill his case or be too hot to use...suggestions are welcomed....

Siya'll tomorrow =D

2 comments:

  1. eek, i'm not ready to start counting down to Christmas! summer weight quilts are sometimes made by using a single piece of fabric, such as muslin or flannel, instead of the usual batting. I really don't see why you couldn't just but a backing and top together without anything in the middle, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness........Christmas IS getting closer.....by now I usually have lots of shopping done over the year but this year I have been spending more time in the sewing room than shopping! The cornbread looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete

Accepting friendly and crazy comments since February 2012. Hope you come back soon =D