Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Saturday 14 June 2014

Charmed I'm sure

2 posts in two days...a new record for me at the moment. I said I had some behind the scenes projects to show and here is the start of them. A few weeks before the operation... I thought I should probably start using my fabric rather than storing it in the few too little boxes I have. I thought start slow then work up to the FQ's.......... so Charm squares it was...

I did some rough sketches knowing at least the colour scheme to each quilt...RAINBOW!!!

I like making even numbers of things and two just didn't feel ambitious enough at the time, so it became four. I did in the end change around some of the fabrics to make the colours stand out a lot better. Those sketches soon became quilt tops.

I did consider adding a border to the top edge, but upon choosing the backing fabrics I decided not to.



I also found some other quilts that needed finishing...remember these?

My DP16 quilt tops. I made them about TWO years ago and never actually finished them as I was going to do just a plain backing. Then decided against it. They are also on the WIP pile to actually finish. 

I even found some other quilts also from two years ago that when I looked at them I realised I could never sell them as the binding looks horrendous! I wouldn't even be happy to give them to anyone as a gift.

I am thinking to chop off the borders and binding and re-backing them in another fabric, with no binding what so ever...... The first quilt in the top picture is yet to be finished...I'm still hand quilting it...some two years on.......it seemed like a brilliant idea then........

Decisions decisions....I'm hoping for some finishes this month. I have the backing fabrics for the Rainbow quilts and the DP16 quilts..alls needing is to finish them off!!

Also to finish is another sneaky project....

*giggle* Told you I was on a roll....

Continue to watch this space....

Cherie =] 

Linking up with 


Fresh Poppy Design

No comments:

Post a Comment

Accepting friendly and crazy comments since February 2012. Hope you come back soon =D